Des Hunt - Writing

Des Hunt showed 5 people in Room 10 and some other classes about backstories and making sentences not start with I, my etc.

Here is the backstory I wrote before he taught us about not starting with I, my:


I am James Ratana Vong Blair. My birth date is 6/8/2007. I am part Cambodia and part Kiwi, But I am from NZ. Sometimes I forget about my dog Noodle when I am playing on the computer. I live on Grey Street.
8 I's and My's


He taught us not starting with I by switching the Subject (The person/animal) and the Object (The thing, eg. Letter). If there is lots of I's and My's. There can be to much repetition and it may not sound correct when you say it.


Examples:
Instead of: My name is James, you could do James is my/his/hers name
Instead of: I am 10 years old, you could do 10 years old is his/her/my age


He also showed us that writing a book is like chemistry/science. And you need some parts of the book bad and some parts good and add in some punch at the end. He also said that it can take a lot of tries to actually publish a book, and fiction may have better change getting it published by a publishing company.

Reflection: Today I learnt how to write better stories
Toolkit: Use Language by we use digital technologies to Learn, Create, Share.
http://www.hameast.school.nz/1695/pages/404-hes-toolkit

Comments

  1. Oh wow! He sure made your mind think loads! Im so happy you learnt something!!! Do you enjoy writing? Are you passionate to write??? And thanks for teaching me skills on writing on the way! tesh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Motion

The three little schnauzers and the big, bad wolf